10 Ways the World Changed Since the Lockout Began
1) Casey Anthony was in jail for allegedly murdering her two-year-old daughter; Plaxico Burress was serving a two-year sentence for shooting himself in the leg – now they’re both free. Seems fair.
2) Rupert Murdoch stood powerfully atop News of the World; that is before the now infamous phone hacking scandal began and his world crumbled beneath his feet.
3) Lakers Forward Ron Artest was still known to the world as Ron Artest – not Metta World Peace.
4) Steelers Linebacker James Harrison was known more for his rule-changing, career-ending hits than his notorious Men’s Journal interview in which he called out his own quarterback as the reason for their Super Bowl loss, as well as, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, aka “the devil.”
5) Major political concern centered around the fear of a government shutdown, while now we fear the debt-ceiling, it all seems pretty reminiscent of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory if you ask me…
6) Anthony Weiner represented the 9th district in the state of New York, now he just represents the biggest “Don’t” on Twitter.
7) Charlie Sheen was “winning” in his own mind, having just set the Guiness Book’s record for “Fastest Time to Reach One Million Followers on Twitter,” now he’s… where is he now?
8) Peyton Manning was the most elite quarterback in the NFL, now it looks as though he may not even play?
9) Kate Middleton was just another hot commoner in England, now she is Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge – royalty only made her hotter.
10) In a surprise ceremony, twice-accused (and acquitted) sexual predator, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger tied the knot – apparently two wrongs do make a right?